Wednesday, 25 May 2016

My Skin Update



I haven't updated you on my skin for a while now. I initially started my skin condition updates when I first used Aqueous Cream and had a major reaction to it. My initial post is here if you missed it. Every week following this, I updated my readers with my skin condition after giving up all beauty products that contained Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.

As a quick background story, I have eczema and very sensitive on my face and body which has suddenly become worse in the last 2 years. As well as giving up products containing Sodium Lauryl Suplhate, I also started taking vitamins and seeds 6 weeks ago to see whether they helped my skin improve at all. If you want to see what I have been taking, have a look at my post here.

My skin has improved dramatically. I rarely have flaky skin anymore and my redness is very much reduced, as you will see from my photo above (sorry for the no make up but that is the only way I can show my skin condition completely). I now have a 'bad skin day' probably twice a week compared to every day which I suffered from previously. When my skin does flare up, it is still nowhere near as bad as it used to be though and can usually be covered up with a good moisturiser and foundation.

I have forgotten/been unable to take my tablets a couple of days over the last few weeks and when I do my skin does have a 'bad day' the following day, so something must be helping me dramatically. The next step will be to reduce each product I use one by way to see which ones are actually helping my skin. I will obviously keep you updated as to what I discover.

All in all, I am very happy with my improved skin condition, I just hope one day it will clear up completely. Fingers crossed aye.

If you have any other recommendations for what can help my eczema/sensitive skin, let me know in the comments below.

Love Lauren
xoxo

16 comments:

  1. so glad you are finding the right products that work for your skin! :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, I have eczema too. I'm so glad you feel better x
    Yuliya at Yukova Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a nightmare isn't it xx

      Delete
  3. It's so great to hear your skin has improved <3

    Take care,
    Rizuna from A Well-dressed Nerd

    PS: don't forget to check this out >> Na-Ra Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, really interesting to read :)

    Caro x

    https://nilooorac.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bright clear skin!
    I also suffer from eczema and sensitive skin so will definitely be having a read of those vitamins you've been taking

    Your skin looks amazing!

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fingers are crossed for you too. I hope your skin clears up fully soon!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have such bad eczema and I'm also looking for good products to use. You skin looks great!!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same, and get bad eczema spots on my cheeks (which makes makeup application difficult). A makeup artist at MAC suggested getting some Vitamin E oil.... it does really help!

    Megan
    Denton & Lou 

    ReplyDelete
  9. très sympas !
    Kiss, Elodie
    http://www.luxetoutou.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that your skin is feeling and looking good, eating well and taking supplements I find has such an impact on your skin. Oh and lots of water too!
    Tenz
    www.shesabouthatlife.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayy! So happy for you. Your complexion looks great!

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post, your skin looks amazing though honestly, happy for you!

    Lauren | huggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete