Saturday, 2 April 2016

My Birthday Lipsticks



I mentioned to you all a few weeks ago that I received some amazing presents from my family and friends for my birthday. They all clearly know me too well and I ended up with 4 new lipsticks for my birthday which now brings me to the total of 30 MAC lipsticks, I think I am slightly becoming addicted, oops.

First up is MAC Cremesheen Shy Girl. This is a very natural nude shade with a glossy finish. It is the perfect lipstick for work each day. I wouldn't however wear it on a night out as it just isn't dramatic enough for my taste.



Then I had Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Amazing Grace. This colour really is amazing. I would describe it as a pinky-nude shade with a matte finish. It is a perfect shade for both work and an evening out. It is my first Charlotte Tilbury lipstick and I am already addicted. I need more already!!



Next up is MAC Amplified Vegas Volt. I have seen people rave about this shade for so long but I have always thought it may be a little too bright for me. I am glad I have it now though as it is gorgeous. It is not too bright at all and is such a lovely radiant lipstick which finishes off a look just perfectly.



Finally, I had MAC Amplified Girl About Town. This is a gorgeous bright pink shade. I would only recommend this colour for people who like bright lipsticks as it does stand out. However, I think it is gorgeous and I can't seem to get enough of it.





(l-r MAC Shy Girl, Charlotte Tilbury Amazing Grace, MAC Vegas Volt and MAC Girl About Town)

By the way, sorry for the quality of my photos, my camera has broken again, sigh.

Has anyone tried any of these before? What lipstick would you recommend I get next?

Love Lauren
xoxo

34 comments:

  1. these lipsticks look lovely, my favourite is the Charlotte Tilbury one! Her products are so lovely but I have yet to own any! xo

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she has so many products I want to try xx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try Shy Girl for so long and have never seen swatches - it's so gorgeous I'm so tempted to get it!!!

    Megan X

    www.lifewithmcm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a gorgeous shade and perfect for when you don't want to look too OTT xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick! You're so lucky to get some really lovely shades x

    whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Charlotte Tilbury stoned rose which is fairly similar but not matte and I love how easy it is to wear. You got some amazing shades, lovely additions to your collection!

    Sammy xo.

    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look at that one next, I think I have found my new favourite lipstick brand xx

      Delete
  5. Shy Girl is definitely my fave for day! i'm obsessing over nude lips at the moment but it's so hard to find the right shade. Mac wins as always

    Lori Hearts Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good nude lip, I just can't stop buying them. I need to try out more nude lip liners next I think x

      Delete
  6. The last pinky shade looks wonderful on you... :)))


    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw what wonderful friends! I love the nude one and the CT on you.
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CT is amazing isn't it, I really need to try more of her lipsticks xx

      Delete
  8. I love these MAC lipsticks, they look really nice with your skin!

    http://iampopi.com/pascua-por-la-toscana/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the vegas vold shades!!
    have a great day
    xx,
    http://evelyn-halim.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a stunning lipstick isn't it xx

      Delete
  10. I love the look of the Charlotte Tilbury one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, though it just makes me want to try even more of her lipsticks haha x

      Delete
  11. Lovely post, dear!! .x

    www.fayeisabella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy bday, dear :) These lipsticks are so beautiful! I would love to see your entire MAC lipsticks collection, though :) That could be really fun! xx


    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do it one day, it would just take a while to do. Though it may be an idea to do all my pinks in a post, then all my nudes etc in another xx

      Delete
  13. Girl Around Town looks so pretty! Love your blog! xx
    junebugmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a gorgeous pink, thank you lovely :) xx

      Delete
  14. These colours all look so pretty, I really need to go on a lipstick shopping spree after reading this :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot,co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Girl About Town and it's my absolute fave! Looks lovely on you. And you reminded me, I've been wanting to try Vegas Volt, so I should do that!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl About Town looks so pretty! I never wear lipstick, I just don't think it suits me haha!

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the lipsticks look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all these shades! So tempting to buy a few bright colours for spring!

    http://www.stylecoverage.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete