Wednesday, 23 March 2016

My new found love for Coconut Oil



I may be a little late on the bandwagon here but oh my how I love Coconut Oil. I just love how versatile it is and thought that today I would share with you my top 10 favourite uses for coconut oil.

1. The obvious, for cooking. My partner and I love to cook and love experimenting in the kitchen. I love to use coconut oil the most when making various different curries. 

2. Cleansing/removing my make up - Now this is probably my favourite use for coconut oil. I use around a teaspoon of coconut oil and heat it up in my hands by rubbing them together before applying to my face in circular motions. My make up just starts to melt off. I then finish off by using a muslin cloth to remove the excess oil. Now this may not be great for those with oily skin, however it is perfect for my dry dehydrated skin. 

3. Haircare - I use the oil to rub on the ends of my hair after washing and drying my hair to help fight split ends and to help moisturise my dry/damaged hair.

4. Moisturiser - I only use this on my very dry patches. I warm the oil up in the centre of my hands and then rub on my elbows, knees and any other dry area and voilĂ , perfectly hydrated skin. I also have mixed it with shea butter to moisturise my whole body before too. 

5. Lipbalm - Rub a small amount on your lips for lovely smooth winter-proof lips.

6. Facial/body scrub - If you mix 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of coconut oil,you can mix your own facial/body scrub. You can even add your own oils to the mix to which I love using Rosehip oil for.

7. Foot scrub - The same as number 6 but using salt instead of  sugar. This is perfect with the addition of peppermint oil. 

8. Hair mask - If you apply this to your hair (I prefer to avoid the roots) whilst in the shower after shampooing, apply this to your hair and leave it for 5-10 minutes before washing out. It leaves you with lovely silky smooth hair.

9. Cuticle softener - If you rub a small amount on your cuticles it will help to strengthen your nails.

10. Cleaning your makeup brushes. I often struggle to find a make up brush cleaner due to the fact that most contain sulphates and anyone who has read my blog before knows I try to avoid sulphates like the plague. If you mix a small amount on your brushes, leave for a couple of minutes and then wash off in warm water, your brushes are clean. I have only tried this once myself but it seemed to do a great job for me. (if you want to see how I clean my brushes. look here)

I have also heard of people using coconut oil to help whiten their teeth, but I have not tried this myself so can not confirm whether it actually works. 

You can buy a 500ml tub of Coconut Oil from Morrisons for only £1.98 here.



Do you use Coconut Oil? What do you use it for?

Love Lauren
xoxo

38 comments:

  1. I love coconut oil! I use it as a mask for my hair, to remove makeup and also as a body scrub combined with sugar! It's the best!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it for cooking! I have yet to try it on my hair!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut oil and i use it for hair and my face. I will definitely try it as a scrub. Sounds good!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love coconut oil! You can also use it mixed with baking soda as a natural deodorant and it's amazing and keeps you smelling fresh all day xx
    www.tashpantz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coconut oil for moisturising my hair, it does do the job x
    http://www.yukovablog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coconut oil ! Its great thing ! :)
    NEW POST : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently started using coconut oil and yeah I have to admit that it's a holy grail multi-use product!!

    Love, Violeta
    http://blogbyvioleta.blogspot.lt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly love the foot scrub idea - winter killed mine!! Great post

    Emma | With A City Dream

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always use it for cooking, but have yet to explore outside of that domain. I always hear it's a HG for people so I need to start using it in other ways too! Thanks for all the ideas :)

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually just started using it for my hair too! I put it on about an hour before washing it as a sort of pre-conditioner :) I haven't tried it as a moisturizer so should give that a try!

    ❤ Maxime | Fox & Fabric

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coconut oil is the best, I've been using it for years! It's perfect for hair masks or lipbalms x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love coconut absolutely in anything

    HTTP://WWW.QUEENHORSFALL.COM/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coconut oil is absolutely amazing. You can use it for thieving. Amazing stuff!

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo this is really interesting ill be sure to give these a go!

    Hayley | writeaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coconut oil is literally the best!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love using coconut oil on my hair. It is lightweight and moisturizes the hair very well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love coconut oil! I use it for cooking, as a face serum, hair mask and moisturiser. Awesome post!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cooking nut oil is a god send! I use it for cooking with to replace olive oil when I need to and for my hair and skin :) I never even knew you could wash your make-up brushes with it so definitely wanting to give this a try! Thanks for sharing <3

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am big fan of that products. xa
    http://www.fashiondenis.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used to use this in my hair too! I don't know why I stopped to be honest!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't realise there was SO many uses!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to try it on my feet (scrub) and to cleanse my brushes, great ideas, brand new for me :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post dear! Thank you for sharing! I love coconut oil! It is perfect for everything!
    Hugs, Pisa ❤❤❤❤
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! I didn't realize coconut oil was so multi-purpose lol. I have heard it is a great makeup remover tho! Great post!
    www.lacasabloga.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am intrigued by the cuticle remover! Wow.

    Cheers from the Philippines!
    - Seyra
    www.pavementsarerunways.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. coconut oil really helped me a lot. Love this stuff!

    Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love coconut oil! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice post!
    A also use coconut oil and I can say it's good for everything. I'm using it for make up removing as an eye cream, lip balm, hair ...and I'm also cooking with it.
    xx
    Visit my blog:
    http://pinkpepperparadiseblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have to say, I haven't really been on the bandwagon for that long myself... I don't really like coconut in my food (especially if it's not sweets like cookies or cakes), so I don't really use it in cooking, but you advice is awesome! I do use it as a hair mask, but I leave it on for at least 2 hours... I also used it as a moisturizer a few times, but I didn't really enjoy it on my face. It never really absorbed... I should use it on my legs, which are super dry... I will definitely test these out :) Thanks for sharing xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many uses, coconut oil really is a wonder product
    Natural, versatile and with so many benefits, how could you not love it?

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love coconut oil, I've used it as eye makeup remover, moisturizer, and hair masks!
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I cook with it all the time and use it for my hair! xo
    Jamie
    www.jamieeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I literally use it for all the things that you mentioned, I have not tried it to clean my brushes though... I0m excited to try it out!
    xx
    Ana
    Indie Suns | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love it when the best things are the simplest and least expensive! You have included a great list of ideas here! My European ancestors and relatives do also swear by olive oil :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  35. I need to try this I've heard so many good things about how amazing it is!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Try out a extra virgin coconut oil, you will see a huge difference!!

    www.ukafrolista.com

    ReplyDelete