Thursday, 7 January 2016

Let's get a little more personal........ Natural Sanitary Products



As I am sure you all know by now, I love it when I find amazing natural/organic products. I was very happy when Veeda* contacted me to see whether I would be interested in trying out their natural sanitary products.

Veeda's tampons and towels are all 100% natural cotton, compared to popular well known brands which use bleached cotton and/or synthetic products. The amount of fragrances, dyes and chemicals used in sanitary products is quite shocking. Veeda only use natural hypoallergenic products, so people with even the most sensitive of skin can use them.

As a result of the Veeda tampons not containing such harsh chemicals, this reduces the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome. Now I haven't heard about Toxic Shock Syndrome for a good few years now, but it is still a problem today.

It is quite sad how matters such as Toxic Shock Syndrome aren't spoken about enough and there are likely to be many people who don't even know it exists or how it can occur. Toxic Shock Syndrome is caused by a bacterial infection which can attack the major organs which can lead to kidney failure and even heart attacks.

Viscose rayon found in conventional tampons promotes the production of the toxin that can lead to Toxic Shock Syndrome.  To date there has never been a case of tampon-related Toxic Shock Syndrome when using natural tampons.

I have tested out the towels and tampons during my recent 'time of the month' and can honestly say I am impressed. The towels are very soft to wear with their 'silk-soft' cover sheet and they are very absorbent with no leakage at all.

At first I assumed that they would cost a lot of money, I was wrong. They only cost £1.98 per pack of 14 (which is what I was paying using more well known sanitary brands) and you can buy them from their website here or from Boots here.  I genuinely will now be switching to using Veeda every month and wish I had come across this brand sooner.

Have you ever used any natural sanitary products before? Were you aware of what your sanitary products may contain?

Love Lauren
xoxo

45 comments:

  1. Veeda rock and have changed the way at look at other brands! :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I won't use anything else now x

      Delete
    2. Ladies, this is just amazing! thank you, both of you!

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much for the review!

      Delete
  2. This looks so so good :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have this brand in South Africa sounds awesome

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if there are any natural products like this one in Croatia. I'll check it out :) This one sounds amazing, though. I would probaby stick to towels, though, because I find tampons extremely uncomfortable xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will have something similar there for you xx

      Delete
  5. Never heard of them before but they sound so so good, I loved reading your review! Thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2016/01/geometric.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing review! Enjoyed finding out about this brand.

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't actually heard much about natural sanitary products xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of Toxic Shock Syndrome until last year, it's crazy! It's definitely not spoken about enough

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I will definitely be more careful now as to what I use xx

      Delete
  10. So in love with your blog! You've got such a fresh style and it really is a pleasure to read it!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? If yes just let me know once done and I'll be right back!
    xxxx
    Laura
    http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried any natural sanitary products yet, but I've just started seeing ads for them and have wanted to! It's nice to read an honest review about them. I'll try this brand, or see what natural ones they have available in my area! Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't before trying these but I will only use natural products from now on xx

      Delete
  12. I really love you :) Happy New Year!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2015/12/indifference.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never used anything but the well known brands of these products but the natural/more organic ones are becoming a lot more popular recently. It might be interesting to look into it a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't until I tried these either, but I won't go back now xx

      Delete
  14. Sounds really good!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. so happy to see natural organic products like these becoming popular! I have had the hardest time finding them.
    -
    stethoscopesscrubsandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are coming soon in Canada as well, looking forward to collaborating to bloggers from there as well!

      Delete
  16. I've never used anything like this before, but I love the all natural aspect of it! I would've thought they were more pricey as well, but it's great to hear they're still reasonable. Hopefully I can find a brand like this in the US!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love you :) Happy New Year!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)


    I really love you :) Happy New Year!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2015/12/vintage-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard about Veeda but i'll surely check them out now :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely loved this post especially being a huge fan of natural alternatives myself!! I'm so happy Boots stock this brand and going to switch as I've always hated using high street sanitary products as I'm very well aware of the amount of toxins and chemicals put into these products that affect our health x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are 100% natural cotton, no chemicals, no synthetics, no dyes, PERIOD!
      Did we mention affordable? :)

      Delete
  20. I was looking for a non dangerous alternative because of everything I hear that freaks me out.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Mika | La French Connection

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting!

    Have a nice week end!
    Photographer Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. sounds like a great product. thanks for sharing
    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice post, sounds like a great products

    kisses Adela Acanski

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've also tried natural and organic feminine products so I hear you on the importance. I can't even remember the name of the brand at the moment, but I'm sure it'll come to me in a couple of minutes! adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post!! I haven't heard of the brand before, but I will definitely try them out now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have just started using these too because my gynaecologist told me that normal pads are bad for you and keeps her in the job! Very good product! I haven't used them for long but already a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vix the compliments, we are so glad you like and support our brand.

      Delete
  27. Great Review, Would love to check it out! Thanks for sharing..

    Kisses Ashon
    http://www.ashonfashionary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never used natural sanitary products before, but I am definitely interested :) they sound much healthier for the body! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete