Sunday, 20 December 2015

Why Every Adult Needs a Colouring Book

As I have mentioned before, I am not the most artistic of people in the slightest, so I have not used a colouring book since I was probably around 8 years old..... nearly 10 years ago!!

I have a very stressful job of being a Trainee Solicitor and I need all the help I can get when it comes to unwinding and keeping my stress levels down. I have recently heard a few friends mention they have adult colouring books but I didn't think anything at first as I just thought it would be more for the artistic type of people.

This was until I heard what the adult colouring books were meant for,.......... to help you de-stress and relax. I am always looking for ways to unwind, as you will see from my previous post here.

When out shopping last week, I thought I would have a look in The Works to see what adult colouring books they have. They had dozens of them, from colouring books based on TV shows such as Game of Thrones to colouring books purely of rainforests.

As I am a hugeeee cat lover, the choice was pretty easy for me. As soon as I saw this book, I knew I had to have it.




The book is currently £3.00, reduced from £7.99 and has 70 pages to colour in. 

In the last week I have decided to turn my computer and phone off an hour before bed and colour in my book for 30-60 minutes before I go to sleep. It really does help with de-stressing and helps switch my mind off before I go to sleep.

You can buy this book here if you want to try this method of de-stressing out yourself.

Has anyone else got in to this craze? Does anyone have any good adult colouring books they would recommend?

Love Lauren
xoxo

15 comments:

  1. I agree that any creative process can be a great stress reliever. Since I was a teenager whenever I became stressed out or bored I automatically started to doodle. Sometimes without even realizing it. It led to my love and appreciation with art. An adult coloring book sounds like an excellent idea.
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post and I totally agree with you. The one you chose is so cute, I need it in my life!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.ro
    https://www.facebook.com/pinkporcelaindoll/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're definitely a great way to relax!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`ve got similar book with seaside and beach landscapes... I` m also a huge cat`s lover " :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these and they are so amazing! I sat down and colored one night... what an amazing and fun way to relieve stress. I've started doing a lot more of the things I enjoyed as a child as an adult! :)
    Bri | Brianna Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post!♥

    www.brooklynglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a few people mention these adult coloring books help with stress & anxiety which is interesting. I did love to color as a kid so I may need to grab one of these! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! :)

    www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an interesting idea! I usually just listen to some music to de-stress. :) <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw adult coloring books on Pinterest and was like, Whaaaat?! lol - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading this post! I agree that it is a great way to de-stress.

    xx Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've written about these before... it's definitely a great alternative to therapy. I'm all about it. You can also download free sheets online when you're in a rut ;)
    www.MarinaSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Colouring books can help anyone get so creative!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  14. i need one of these haha STRESS!!!!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete