Friday, 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. I am sure by now, most people in England are up and have already eaten their breakfast and opened some of their presents.

Christmas really is a day to spend with those closest to you, so I hope you all have a truly magical Christmas and are spoilt rotten by your loved ones.

Here is a photo of my cat Lily thinking she is a Christmas Tree decoration.



I will tell you a little about my Christmas tradition in the Powers household.

My sister moved out November 2014 but both last year and this year she has come home on Christmas Eve, so we can all wake up and open our presents together.

We wake up at about 8-9am (used to be 5am until we became grumpy teenagers who hated early mornings) and we go downstairs to eat breakfast in front of the fire. Then Sophie (my sister) and I have to open our presents in turn whilst our parents watch before they then open theirs.

We then spend the morning watching Christmas films and Top of the Pops before having Christmas Dinner at 1pm and a Christmas buffet at around 5pm.

My Granddad and my Auntie and Uncle come over on the evening for the buffet and to watch some films together.

I love how Christmas brings everyone together as a family and it is nice to actually do something all together for once.

Lastly, I hope all of those who are unable to be with their loved ones this Christmas, whether it be due to distance, work commitments or a death, have the best Christmas that they can possibly have. I can't imagine what you must be feeling to not be able to spend this day with the person/people you want to be with and I send my love to you.

What did you all get for Christmas? Do you have any traditions that you and your family/loved ones do on Christmas day?

Love Lauren
xoxo

52 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Lauren! I hope you have a lovely day <3

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you had a lovely day too xx

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas, I've already been up and opening pressies haha
    -Morgan x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound like such sweet traditions! My family's from Austria so we open presents on the 24th. Happy holidays!!
    xx, Pia

    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaay! What a cute tree! Merry Christmas dear!
    I'm from Slovakia and we also open presents on the 24th. :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's absolutely lovely that your sister still comes home to open gifts together. It sounds like you had a brilliant Christmas, and how adorable is Lily?!

    Cheers to the new year, Lauren!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is cute but very naughty haha. Have a lovely new year :) x

      Delete
  6. Our Christmas was spent quietly with my small family of 3. We just had a midnight dinner preparation. We used to watch and enjoy fireworks right at our overlooking window but theres not much fireworks to witness this year.

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's nice, hope you had a lovely Christmas x

      Delete
  7. merry xmas lovely! even though my entire family is in Brazil, my parents and I were surrounded by friends this year which was nice :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's nice that you have friends around too. Hope you had a lovely time :) xx

      Delete
  8. Your cat is the cutest! Mine would literally bring down the entire tree if she tried to do that, oh god!
    Hope you have a wonderful christmas :)
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely Christmas too :)

      Delete
  10. Merry Christmas to you too, Lauren.

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cat is so cute! OMG I didn't know cats actually did that!

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just loves to climb everything!! lol x

      Delete
  12. She's so cute!

    I just started a blog too, www.aly-space.blogspot.com | Alexandra ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, when she isn't pulling down the tree :) x

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas! Your cat is adorable!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a cutie, hope you had a lovely Christmas :)

      Delete
  14. Merry Christmas! I love your blog it's so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like a lovely Christmas! Your cat cracked me up!!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely Christmas too :)

      Delete
  16. Ahahahah I was laughing so hard at your cat :) And those are some really nice traditions :) I love that! We usually open presents on Christmas Eve, after decorating the tree :) xx


    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is mad haha! I hope you had a lovely Christmas :) xx

      Delete
  17. Merry christmas too ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post! My family have a similar tradition xo
    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like great traditions to me, hope you had a wonderful Christmas :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely Christmas too :)

      Delete
  20. Wish you a merry christmas! :) Hope you had a wonderful one.

    www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely Christmas too :)

      Delete
  21. Wow! Your cat is soooo lovely!!!!!!!!! Hope you are having great holidays!

    www.goodselfie.com.mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely Christmas too :)

      Delete
  22. Hey, lovely blog!
    Wanna follow each other??
    Let me know if you want because i want it too :) Leave a comment on my blog and I'll follow you directly, don't forget to follow mine
    xoxo, Sylvi Gautama
    Sylvi Says Hello & sylviaodilia IG

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cat is adorable, looks a bit like mine! Hope you had a good Christmas and have a happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete