Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Easy Christmas Wrapping

I am not the most artistic of people and I therefore do not create the prettiest wrapping of presents at Christmas time. It pretty much looks as though I have just bunched the paper around the present and sellotaped it shut, which pretty much was what I used to do.

This year I decided it was time to finally at least attempt to make my wrapping look a little bit prettier.

First of all I decided to have a look for the perfect wrapping paper, for some weird reason I have always loved tartan, so as soon as I saw this paper in Hallmark, I knew I had to buy it. I can't find it online so unfortunately I can not tag it for you but I only purchased this 10 days ago in a pack of 2 rolls of paper with ribbons and bows for £4.99, bargain.


My main worry wasn't so much wrapping the present with the wrapping paper but the bow on the top. I managed to find a YouTube tutorial here which shows you step by step how to tie a ribbon bow on a present. If you want any help with doing this, I would strongly recommend this video as after watching it once I managed to do it easily to the rest of my presents. What did we used to do before YouTube aye?!

To top it off I purchased these cute little Christmas Tree gift tags from WHSmith which are only £1 for 4 and you can buy them here.

The final touch to my gift wrapping is by attaching the gift tag with a cute little peg. I have seen a few people do this on blogs and various websites recently and I think it is a brilliant idea and adds such a cute little touch to the present. The little heart pegs I have used are from eBay and you can buy a pack of 10 for only £1.89 with free delivery here. They only took 3 days to come, so if you order them asap you will have them before Christmas. There are also various other pegs you can buy from Paperchase who do some lovely pegs with little penguins and reindeers on them.

I feel so relieved that I have finally wrapped all my Christmas presents. Christmas Day can you hurry up now please.

Has everyone else finished wrapping their presents? How do you wrap yours? Do you have any special touches you do?

Love Lauren
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Great post! :)
    What you think about follow each other? Follow me and I follow you :)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am PATHETIC when it comes to wrapping presents, honestly. I usually toss it in a bag and call it a day but I think I've got to invest some time into actually wrapping them this season!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so rubbish at wrapping presents I always have to get someone to help me, hoping to improve this year!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wrapping tips! Thanks for sharing!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wrapping skills literally suck haha! LOved this post anyway though, yours looked fab :)
    -Morgs
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the wrapping tips! This gift wrap looks absolutely lovely! I spent so much money on gifts this year, I may have to be pretty skimpy on the wrapping this year and will just do a simple job.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm awful at wrapping, but it's nice to try. You did a wonderful job! Great post.

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! :)
    http://modishnessblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo cute! I love using a chalkboard tag as a name tag or a little card

    Emma | With A City Dream

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that wrapping paper! It's so cute!! And the tag is adorable!!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! Great post and happy holidays! xx

    junebugmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i recently did a post like this! pretty bows and paper defiantly make a gift

    Hannah at HNNHVNBLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this a lot!


    ** If you haven't yet, I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    NEW POST: Pink Sugar Sweet Cheeks HD Cheek Color In Concrete Jungle Review and Swatch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty good job on the wrapping, love the tag

    http://www.pixics.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Same here - I hate wrapping too! This looks amazing :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wrapping is looking great, off to a Youtube tutorial on this I go...

    http://www.yukovablog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Nice post
    Have a nice weekend

    kisses Adela Acanski

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas. Love your wrapping..look so cute..


    would you like to follow each other on Google Friend connect and google +?
    let me know if you follow me and i will follow you back.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete