Friday, 20 November 2015

Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation Review

At the start of last week I realised I was running very low on my MAC Studio Sculpt foundation. After hearing so much online about the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation, I decided that is the foundation I need to purchase next.

I have only ever really stuck to my MAC Sculpt foundation over the last 10 years, so I don’t have a large collection of foundations at all.

I can't get to a Selfridges until next week, so I decided to try a drugstore foundation to keep me going for the next week. As I have recently heard quite a bit about Collection make up and have never tried any of their range I thought I would give one of their foundations a go.

After debating for a while, I decided to purchase Collection Lasting Perfection  Ultimate Wear Foundation in the ivory shade 2 for only £5.99 from my local Boots store.

                                       


                                       


                                       

I have been using it now for a few days and thought I would share my views on the foundation for you.

The foundation claims to prime, conceal, cover, smooth, protect and mattify, therefore providing a flawless coverage with an innovative skin lock technology. 

I like the packaging of the product. It is a simple design with a pump which I love as I find if foundations come without a pump, applying the foundation can be a little messy.  

You only require a small amount of the product to cover your face and it comes out very smooth. I found I did need to blend it more than I normally would with foundations and you do have to blend pretty fast and the foundation sets very quickly. 

The coverage of the foundation is pretty good, it hid my red skin perfectly due to the yellow tone of the the ivory 2 shade. I could imagine it would be perfect for hiding spots too. 


                                      

                                          


The only problem I found is that if my skin was a little de-hydrated that day, the foundation did dry my skin out slightly and gave me a little caked on look. If your skin isn't dry, I wouldn't see this being a problem though.

Did it last 16 hours? Unfortunately it didn't. Well to be honest, I don't think I actually wore the foundation for more than 12-13 hours but I found that after around 5-6 hours I needed a top up. 

I also love the fact that the foundation has SPF20 in it. I believe all foundations should have this as you can not protect your skin from sun damage enough. 

All in all I did like this foundation. I admit it isn't as good as some of the high end foundations I have tried, but for wear just to go to the shops or lunch for a couple of hours, it is the perfect drugstore foundation.

I have however heard lots of good feedback about the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which I need to try. Unfortunately they were out of stock in the colour fair shade 1 every time I have been to my local drugstore but I will buy it as soon as I can and let you know my opinion on this too.

Has anyone else tried this foundation before? Are there any other good drugstore foundations you would recommend?

Love Lauren
xoxo

20 comments:

  1. I havent no but Ive heard good things about it! I think its perfect for work, I dont wanna be wasting my good stuff on every day makeup :p

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super fun to read! thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other’s blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you’s like to so I can follow you right back x

    kisses
    http://www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used it, but it looks lovely on you! Great post cutie!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/11/navy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only ever tried the concealer and love it! I'd like to give this a try but always afraid it might break my skin out as I've been using Nars Sheer Glow for well over a year now as it works well with my skin! xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, amazing! :)

    www.eatlovemerry.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the concealer and was thinking of trying the foundation so thank you for doing a great review! :)

    Elle du Jour xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried the foundation, but I have the concealer waiting in my desk.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I doubt if this is available in India :(
    http://beautyandallthatjazz.com/review-swatches-sephora-color-lip-last-matt-red-lipstick/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this foundation looks great! Thanks for sharing, I might try it :) I recommend Rimmel Wake Me Up, Rimmel Colorstay, and L'Oreal Accord Parfair foundations :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have never, but thanks for the review! i have dry skin so that would be an issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard lots of good things about this foundation but I'm always too scared to venture away from my HG foundation, EL Double Wear x

    NICHOLA ROSE - UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is THE or one of the first foundations I have ever tried when I was in my teens. It did okay for my school days but I do agree that it dried my skin out a little bit. Great review :)

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. it still sounds like an alright product :)
    great review
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  15. The concealer is very good coverage plus it's really affordable, hopefully they'll have it back in stock near you soon!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review! Thanks for your honestly :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review as always.. I love my Maybelline Affinitone foundation.. I think it works great and has quite good coverage :) xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review, I love the concealer by Collection. I have a dry skin so I don't think this would be good on me. From the picture it looks good on you though.

    www.zekalin.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't used it, but it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete