Sunday, 29 November 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Review

I have been waiting to try the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation from the first day I heard about it. The promise of a flawless coverage is right up my street. The higher the coverage the better for me.



I purchased the foundation in the shade '3 fair/pale'. It was a perfect match for my pale skin and I was so excited to wear it.




Did it offer the coverage it claimed? Yes it did and I was so happy and thought I had finally found my dream foundation.

However, within 10 minutes of wearing it my skin looked very dry and the foundation looked a bit 'caked on'. After 3 hours my skin was the driest it has ever been, to the extent that my skin was flaking. I have never experienced this from any foundation I have ever tried before, nothing even close to this.

At first I thought maybe I was just having a bad skin day, but all 4 times I have tried to wear it, my skin has dried out dramatically.

If your skin is oily or even normal/combination then I would recommend you buy this as the coverage is absolutely fantastic, but if your skin is dry at all, then stay away.

I am so disappointed as I was so excited about this, I guess I will be sticking to my MAC Studio Sculpt foundation.

I have spoken with Charlotte Tilbury and they have been fantastic and looked at my skin and recommended their Light Wonder Foundation which is more suited for dry skin. They have exchanged my Magic Foundation for their Light Wear one which I will review for you shortly. 

Has anyone tried the Charlotte Tilbury Magic or Light Wonder Foundations?

Love Lauren
xoxo

26 comments:

  1. I've never tried this brand, but I have relatively dry skin, so I'm guessing it's not the foundation for me:(

    carolinevsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, test it on a small area first xx

      Delete
  2. My skin is so oily! I would like to try!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post I just love these kind of post :D keep up the good work :D

    come say hi to me
    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    have a wonderful day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to try this but I have a dry skin so i think I won't now.
    Have you tried Nars or Bourjois ones?

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, which foundation would you recommend from Nars or Bourjois?x

      Delete
  5. I have dry skin and I really wanted to get my hand on this. Happy you did this review before I purchased it, but sad that it doesn't work with dry skin.

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sad too as I was hoping this would be as good as other reviews I have seen on it xx

      Delete
  6. Amazing product :)
    http://modishnessblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great product. Thanks for sharing.

    XoXo
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have oily skin so I would like to try this. Thanks for sharing!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be perfect for you if you have oily skin :)

      Delete
  9. Great review! I ant to try this once!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't tried this brand yet but it looks interesting, thanks for sharing your review!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. would like to try this brand
    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too bad, but great they will let you exchange it. But a foundation that drying sounds really strange to me.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never experienced anything like it before either but luckily they were very nice about it :) xx

      Delete
  13. oh yikes, that sounds really bad. Glad they are giving you a new one though :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shame it didn't work out for you, dear. :( I have pretty oily skin so perhaps this would be a good one for me to try! Thanks for the honest review. :)

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never tried this foundation but after reading your wonderful review I'll make sure to check it out!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review, nice post
    Have a lovely day

    kisses Adela Acanski

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe this would be good for me, as I have oily skin! thanks for the review♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice. Would love it if you could check out my extended Black Friday blog sale!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks amazing! Such a great review! Loved the post! X
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a shame this didn't work for you but it's great that the company have been so good and exchanged it for you, wish all companies were like this, hopefully you like the one you exchanged it for!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete