Friday, 23 October 2015

My week in Lanzarote

I have finally decided to tell you about my holiday to Lanzarote with my boyfriend. 

A month ago I had a last minute week away to Lanzarote to relax and get myself a tan. Whilst I managed to relax, despite the weather, I still didn't exactly get much of a tan. I am just destined to be pale forever. 

We booked our holiday through Thompson and at the airport decided to pay the extra £40 each to have the extra space seats. Callum is 6ft 3, so this was perfect for him and I loved it too. I will be paying this every time I fly from now on. 



In the airport I also couldn't resist all the duty free goodies! I love a good bargain. If you want to see what I purchased have a look at my duty free buys in my previous post.

The weather whilst we were there was very good, it was usually around 41-44 degrees and due to the wind I felt I never got too hot and bothered. 

The hotel was lovely. We stayed in Los Zocos Resort  which is in Costa Teguise. 





We decided to go all inclusive and the food was surprisingly so good! I am using quite fussy with food abroad and this time I just couldn't stop eating. Each night the hotel had a different cuisine theme, from Mexican to carvery to Spanish, the food was delicious. Plus they had all you can eat pancakes!!! I was in my element. This is probably why I managed to gain nearly a stone in weight in the week I was there! 





There was two bars at the hotel, both providing their own entertainment each night and both serving a variety of lovely cocktails for me. I personally preferred the ship bar where the bar itself is inside a ship. The cocktails there were made fresh and tastes beautiful. The other bar was more family orientated which wasn't really what Callum and myself wanted. 




The only criticism of the hotel was that they stopped serving drinks at midnight. Callum and I are only in our late twenties (well Callum is now 30) and we felt this was a little too early for our liking. We would have preferred to be able to stay out drinking until 2-3am. Due to this we often ventured out to local bars once the hotel bar closed. 





Throughout the day there was always something to do. There are two swimming pools, one which is nice and quiet and the other which is situated next to the pool bar which always had some form of entertainment going on. You could play pool games, archery, football and even rifle shooting. I personally preferred the pool near the pool bar due to the lively atmosphere and the close proximity to the free cocktails and pancakes. I spent most my time sunbathing reading my book and magazines or listening to my music, as you will have read in my holiday essentials post.





If you ever decide to go away to Lanzarote I would highly recommend this hotel. If caters for everyone, young couples, older couples and even families as they have various entertainment for children.

All in all I had a great time and feel like this was now a lifetime ago. I will have to book another holiday soon I think. 

Love Lauren
xoxo

70 comments:

  1. I've been to Lanzarote before, years ago though and I'm thinking of re-visiting one of the Canary Islands for a little bit of new year sun.
    I think you've just sold a trip back to Lanzarote to me!

    It looks like you had an amazing time, and that cocktail looks greeeaaaaaat!

    Marina x | marinasimone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely :) it looks like you had an amazing time!!

    Megan X

    www.lifewithmcm.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tan, too. But I try to comfort myself by telling me that it is way better to prevent UV damage and not age prematurely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, I shall think of that next time I go away and don't tan :) x

      Delete
  4. That looks so fun, and the place looks refreshing! I want to go on vacation too :(

    Take care,
    Rizuna from 100% Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guilty of stalking people's vacation posts because I so badly wanna go on vacation too xD This place looks so amazing. Glad you had an amazing time.

    Joyce | Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lanzarote seems like so much fun - hope you had a nice time :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thanks, I will have a look :) x

      Delete
  7. sounds like a rather fab holiday! :) the food looks yum, and pancakes? yes please!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks amazing and this looks like a great hiliday!
    -Morgs
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Lauren, this looks wonderful. I'd so wish to get myself a little holiday, too. Thank goodness for the upcoming December hols. Also, pale girl forever!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait for time off to relax x

      Delete
  10. Lovely post, Lanzarote looks so amazing and sunny! xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!! I need a holiday asap here. Looks like y'all had a good relaxing holiday. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did thanks, goes too fast though x

      Delete
  12. Looks like you two had a great weekend! Looks like a nice place to visit. Great pics!

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! It looks like you had an amazing weekend!!

    I'm following you on Google +

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stunning dear!

    I hope you have a great day and start to your weekend, beauty!
    XOXO

    http://nikolaknazikova.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like such an incredible time and I am so envious of those blue skies! Never been to Lanzarote only Fuerteventura but all the Canary Islands are all so amazing!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good time, I am gutted to be back x

      Delete
  16. Sounds and looks like a good place to visit for a holiday.
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us, gun! Have a lovely day.

    Xoxo,
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so jealous looking at these pictures, I'm fed up of winter already I need some sun!

    www.laurenashleighbarden.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, Lauren, this looks wonderful. Seems you had a very nice trip at all! btw, you look so pretty!! xx

    Happirella | Facebook | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute photos dear!

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/10/lazy-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, great photos! Looks like you had a wonderful time. :) <3 The food looks soo yummy!

    Kay
    https://shoesandglitter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pictures! :)

    sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow Lauren,

    I love you blog, I just found it today and I am in love !

    I hope your having a great holiday ;)
    Check out my blog
    http://marlenesilver.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks absolutely beautiful! Hope you had an amazing time :)

    XO
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really had a lovely time :)

      Delete
  24. Nice pics!!!!
    Kisses

    www.lagattarosablog.it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lanzarote looks like a great place to go! Love the photos :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look lovely! Glad you had a good time! :)

    Cathy | cxldfairy.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like you had such a great time there :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, how nice to read! I ve been seven times to Lanzarote. I loved it there. Die you go to the national park?
    www.van.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't really venture out much during the day. I will have to visit next time I go :)

      Delete
  29. Food Looks amazing!

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a shame when the bar closes so early!!!

    Megan || Oh Hey! blog

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your holiday looked so fun, reminded me of my holiday, even though it was only in Kent, England: A Weekend Away in Kent

    My blog--> Flobean blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. Hope you had a great time too

      Delete