Thursday, 3 September 2015

The Lyttelton Arms review

Last weekend I went to the Lyttelton Arms in Stourbridge, West Midlands for a nice evening meal. It is a very stylish pub village pub with an amazing cocktail menu.

We sat down at 7:00pm in the dining area and the waitress came running over straight away to take our drinks order. After spending around ten minutes deciding which cocktail to have and probably driving the poor waitress insane with my indecisiveness with regards to which drink to choose, I finally decided to try a Chambord Royale which is Prosecco mixed with raspberry liqueur with a raspberry on the side. It was definitely worth the ten minutes it took me to decide upon it.



The waitress brought out a big jug of water and lots of lovely complimentary artisan rustic bread for us to share whilst choosing what food we wanted from the menu.

Luckily, this didn't take me as long to decide as my drink. I decided to have a change for once, as I usually like to stick to ordering either a burger or sausage and mash wherever I go. I decided to try Pan-fried Potato Gnocchi which comes with asparagus, peas, spinach, poached egg and toasted spiced sunflower and pumpkin seeds.



This was a very unusual choice for me as I think this may have been the first time I have ever ordered a meal that is completely meat free, so my only worry was that I might find the meal slightly 'boring'. I was wrong, it was amazing and ever so filling. I will definitely choose this again the next time I go back to the Lyttelton and I will be hunting online to find myself a similar recipe to cook for myself.

Does anyone know of a good gnocchi recipe?


Even though I couldn't manage to eat all of my main course, there is still always room for dessert!! I ordered Sticky Toffee Pudding with Ice Cream. It was delicious!  Please ignore how dark this photo is, as when it turned 9:00pm they dimmed the lights and my flash on my camera decided it didn't want to play anymore.



All in all, I had a lovely meal and a few drinks to follow. The service was great  and very prompt and the prices are very reasonable with my cocktails only costing around £7.00 and my main meal costing £10.95.

If you want to have a look at the menu, take a look on their website here.

If you are ever in the Stourbridge area, I would thoroughly recommend popping to The Lyttelton Arms for a few drinks or a bite to eat.

Love Lauren
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. a good pub is always a winner for me.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Prosecco! It looks like a really nice place and food also looks really good x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks so good (especially pudding)!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gnocchi looks delish! And you can never go wrong with a bit of prosecco xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so delicious! I love gnocchi. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete