Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Six weeks in to my no Sodium Lauryl Sulphate trial

Here is my weekly skin update for all of you, showing how well my skin is coping without the use of Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.

I got back from a week in Lanzarote a few days ago and usually when I am away, my skin improves dramatically.

Unfortunately this time, my face took a disliking to my sun tan lotion.

I was using Nivea Sun Protect and Bronze Factor 30. It doesn't contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate but there must be something in this that my skin doesn't like. Which is a bit annoying as my skin was fine wearing it in May earlier this year.



The suntan lotion was fine everywhere but my face and chest which both ended up red and blotchy. As soon as I started to use my boyfriend's sun tan lotion (Boots Soltan sun tan lotion) my skin started to heal within a couple of hours. So if you do have sensitive skin, maybe only use Nivea Protect and Bronze on your body, and use a different sun tan lotion on your face.

My skin now is a little pink in the cheeks as usual but has improved dramatically over the last couple of days.



I will continue to try to stay away from any product that contains Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and update you every few weeks as to whether my skin is still improving or not.

If anyone has any recommendations as to any natural products you can reommend, especially suntan lotions, please let me know :)

Love Lauren
xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I don't really check the ingredients of the products (I know it is not good) however it is shame that Nivea made your face red, would it be because it has something to do with bronzing?

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete