Saturday, 5 September 2015

Makeup Brush shampoo review

As you may remember from my previous blog post showing my new beauty products that do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate  (have a peek here if you haven't seen it yet) I purchased a new gentle shampoo to wash my make up brushes.

After hunting around the shops for over an hour for a baby/kids shampoo that doesn't contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate I finally managed to come across Halo n Horns Kids shampoo. It really surprised me that so many baby products contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, even the products which claimed to be for sensitive skin and 'gentle' on the skin, yet they contain a skin irritant?! It baffles me!

Anyway, I am here to review Halo n Horns Kids shampoo, not rant on and on about Sodium Lauryl Sulphate again.





As you will see on the second photo, here are the ingredients:-

'Aqua , Decyl Glucoside , Cocamide DEA , Acrylates Copolymer , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Glycerin , Diazolidinyl Urea , Parfum , Disodium EDTA , Starch Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Urea , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Chloride , Sodium Lactate , Sodium Benzoate , Denatonium Benzoate , CI 47005 , CI 42090 .'

No sulphates! Yay! It also doesn't contain any phthalates, MIT, parabens, Triclosan or propylene glycol. It is hypoallergenic and is not tested on animals! It is ticking all of my boxes here.

The colour is a pale green translucent gel and the smell is amazing. It smells just like melons! My brushes also smell lovely after using this as they have a faint smell of mango the first time I use any of them after washing.

At first I thought the shampoo cleaned my brushes much easier than my previous shampoos, however after a few uses I find that it seems to take a bit more cleaning than normal to ensure my brushes are thoroughly clean. However, all in all I think this is a great find and I will definitely be buying this again when I run out.

You can purchase this shampoo for only £2.00 from ASDA here.

If you want to see how I deep clean my make up brushes, take a look at my previous post here.

What do you use to clean your make up brushes?

Love Lauren
xoxo

1 comment: