Thursday, 24 September 2015

Book Review - Bad Girls by Rebecca Chance

When I arrived at Birmingham airport two weeks ago, I realised I didn't have a book with me to read on my holiday. I popped to W H Smiths in the airport to have a look for one. 

I decided to choose 'Bad Girls' by Rebecca Chance.



The synopsis is as follows - "Stunning supermodel Amber Peters should have the world at her feet. But her secret addiction has led her down a dangerous path - and given her a deadly enemy. Lap dancer Skye Ellwood is desperate to escape her tawdry life, but has no idea how - until a client makes her a proposition she can't refuse. Following an ultimatum from his fiancee, gorgeous A-list movie star Joe Jeffreys is finally heading to rehab to sort out his sex addiction - and save his squeaky-clean image. Spoiled daughter of a legendary rock god, Petal Gold is convinced she's a huge star in waiting, and she'll trample on anyone she thinks is standing in her way. Passion, jealously, betrayal, revenge and scandal: during their tumultuous thirty days in LA at the Cascabel rehab clinic, the lives of Amber, Skye, Joe and Petal will be transformed forever. But for one of them, the stakes could not be higher - nor the situation more dangerous..."

I did enjoy reading this book as it is so easy to read and kept me intrigued as to what will happen to the characters next. When you are chilling next to a swimming pool with lots going on around you, you need something easy to read and not something that you need to really concentrate on, Bad Girls is perfect for this , a great holiday read.

Rebecca Chance starts the book explaining the life of each of the main four characters, My only criticism is that it was quite far in to the book when the characters finally interacted with each other in rehab. 

Due to the detail in respect of the background of each of the characters, you feel connected to the characters. I personally enjoyed reading about Amber and Skye the most. Though, I did actually like all four characters. The book is full of drama and had quite a few surprises that kept me on the edge of my seat (well sunbed). 

If you are looking for a nice easy read with lots of backstabbing, sex and drama then I would definitely recommend giving this book a read. After reading Bad Girls, I will be buying another Rebecca Chance book very soon. 

Does anyone have any good recommendations as to what book I should read next?

Love Lauren
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Easy read books are definitely a must for holidays. I like the sound of the story of this one as well, might have to give it a read!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I am reading paper town and it is a good one too! This one sounds interesting, might check it out. x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look out for it and read it myself :) xx

      Delete
  3. Awesome review! Will have to give it a go!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect holiday read! Glad you enjoyed it. Li :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect by the pool book, hope you enjoyed your holiday!
    Freyas Fashion Chapter MAC GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post,
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://tajfunblog.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete