Sunday, 16 August 2015

One week in to my no Sodium Lauryl Sulphate trial

As you will see in my previous post (Click here to view), after my recent eczema flare ups, I have decided to refrain from using products with Sodium Lauryl Sulphate in them to see whether my skin improves at all.

After a week of using my Sodium Lauryl Sulphate free products (Click here to view the products), I thought that I should let you know how my skin is looking.

Just over a week ago my skin was very red and raised all over my face after having an allergic reaction to Aqueous Cream. I have attached a photograph of my skin below to show you what it looked like after my reaction. Unfortunately, due to me using an iPhone camera, the redness doesn't look as extreme as it did in real life.



Now a week on my skin has calmed down dramatically. My eczema will usually flare up every 2-3 days but so far, after 8 days of not using any Sodium Lauryl Sulphate products, my skin is pretty much 'normal' looking. I have a very slight redness on my cheeks but it is easily covered with make up as it is not dry anymore.

Here is a photo of my face at the moment. As you can see, my skin is now starting to even out in colour and now appearing less red without make up on.



Hopefully I may have found the cure to my allergic reactions, but we will see! Fingers crossed!

Love Lauren
xx

6 comments:

  1. Ah this is an amazing difference! I found cutting out SLS and SLES made a huge difference to my eczema too - I've been about three years now and not looked back, I barely get flare-ups anymore and it used to be pretty much constant. Hope you continue to see good results! :D

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you :) Hopefully the same will work for me too xx

      Delete
  2. Wow you can really notice a huge difference in your flare ups! This must be never ending to try and combat and hopefully you can find out why this happens soon! I have mild acne and it's a pain to remove as it seems what ever you try nothing works! :(

    I just wish I had perfect skin ha,ha, I would recommend trying natural products as maybe it's chemicals that's not agreeing with your skin in various cosmetics/skincare products! Face oils are always nice and luxurious and might help your skin! xx


    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nightmare. I wish I had perfect skin too! I have never tried facial oils so I will definitely look in to buying one :) xx

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed this is the solution then - it's good you haven't had a flare up for 8 days!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete