Monday, 24 August 2015

My red MAC lipsticks! Swatch and review!

I absolutely adore MAC lipsticks! I only have around 5 lipsticks that aren't MAC. My collection is forever growing and today I thought I would share with you the red lipsticks I have in my collection!







First of all there is Cockney. Cockney is a lustre finish, it is sheer with yellow undertones. Out of all of my red lipsticks I have probably used this the least and I do not know why as it is so easy to wear. This is one of the easiest colours to wear in my red collection and you can easily wear this colour in the day to work or to go shopping without looking too over the top.








Next up is Lady Danger. I would say this is my favourite out of all of my red lipsticks. I wear this on most nights out I go on. Lady Danger has a matte finish and is a very bright coral-red colour. I think this is a great summer shade and I seem to be wearing this all the time this summer. Even though it is a matte lipstick, it smoothes on to the lips easily. If you are looking for a new red shade, go for Lady Danger!






Then there is Ruby Woo. This is one of MAC's best selling lipsticks. I used to wear this all the time a few years ago but for some reason I have barely worn it recently. It is quite a dark red colour and is similar to the Russian Red lipstick below. It is a very matte lipstick and can really dry out your lips but as long as you exfoliate and prime your lips beforehand, the lipstick shouldn't be a problem. It is a very retro red colour which suits all skin tones and seems to stay on your lips for hours!







Next there is Viva Glam Cyndi. This was a limited edition Cyndi Lauper lipstick. It is a light coral red colour with a lustre finish. It is such a wearable lipstick and is a colour that you can wear from day to evening as it isn't too bright and has a lovely sheer finish.

As it is a Viva Glam lipstick, the full RRP (less VAT) from the sale of the lipstick is donated to the MAC AIDS fund and helps people who are dealing with AIDs.

Unfortunately I think this product has now been discontinued :(





Last there is Russian Red. I would probably say this is my least favourite out of all of my red lipsticks. I feel it is a bit too much of a dark red and I am not as keen on lipsticks with a hint of blue. It has a matte finish and is very vintage looking.

This was the first MAC red lipstick that I purchased after reading so many good reviews on the lipstick. It is a very vintage looking colour which is probably why it is so loved. I just wish I loved it as much as some of my other colours, such as Lady Danger.




What are your favourite red colours from MAC? I would like some recommendations for my next trip to MAC.

Love Lauren
xoxo

21 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite to you and love the dark reds! I don't have Russian Red but to me, its not even very dark :)
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try and use it a little more as I did love it when I first purchased it :) xx

      Delete
  2. They are just prefect shades of red and looks gorgeous! xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Cockney. I do love Lady Danger, though.

    Samantha Series | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many people seem to have Cockney, it must not be a very popular colour. It is lovely though :) xx

      Delete
  4. they all look stunning! i always meant to pick up the cyndi lauper shade when it was released but i missed my chance, guttedd x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I will do when I run out, that is why I try not to use it too much xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love a good MAC lipstick xx

      Delete
  6. Love this post really helpful! Check out my blog if you can please :)

    http://alwaysbeautyforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sure, I will have a look now :) xx

      Delete
  7. I don't have MAC lipsticks and this post is making me want them all!

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC lipsticks are so addictive :) xx

      Delete
  8. I am a huge fan of MAC! they have some amazing colours! I loved your review and swatches. :-) I love matte finishes.http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I was brave enough for a red lip because they look so nic!

    http://laurenashleighbarden.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try a less bright shade, you never know, you may end up loving it!x

      Delete
  10. I've never owned anything from MAC, but of course, heard lots about it. Ruby Woo and Russian Red are gorgeous!!! I'm very partial to darker, blue-toned shades of red. :)

    xx Alyssa — fragments of memories

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never tried red lipstick but I have got to after seeing this. Love your blog.

    http://hollie05.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. We completely understand your red lipstick obsession, they are so much fun to wear when you're feeling bold!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete