Friday, 28 August 2015

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream review

I have always heard people talk about how amazing Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is and until about a year ago when I purchased one for myself, I didn't realise how right they were!





I feel as though the cream is a miracle worker. 

First of all the cream is great for sunburn. I am very pale and therefore seem to suffer from bad sunburn every time my skin goes in the sun for five minutes. I plaster my burnt bits in this when I go to bed and by morning my skin is so much better and I can actually go out without feeling like a lobster!

In the winter I suffer from dry lips which drive me insane! Using this before bed on an evening is perfect for dry and sore lips and by morning your lips and lovely and moisturised and you can actually wear your new matte lipstick stress free. 

It can be used on split ends as a hair mask, on dry patches on your elbows or knees and I have even used it on my cuticles. 

The cream is also perfect for my eczema flare ups. In fact, I would say this seems to work better than the majority of products prescribed to me by my doctor which are specifically for eczema. As you can see in some of my previous blog posts such as here, my eczema flares up on a regular basis, leaving my skin bright red with super dry skin, basically my skin looks as though it has been physically burnt. If I plaster my skin in this before bed as a face mask, by morning my skin is so much more moisturised and my the redness has gone down significantly.

If you have oily skin, I personally wouldn't recommend using this as a face mask overnight as it is so thick that it will likely cause your skin to come out in spots but for a quick fix I could see this cream working for most skin types.



The cream is orange in colour and is actually more of a thick gel than a cream. It has a very unusual medical smell to it which I personally love but I could imagine a few people not being so keen. Even the fragrance free version still seems to have a slight hint of fragrance to it.

All in all I love this cream and would recommend this to everyone!!

Love Lauren
xoxo

24 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great cream! I have never tried a gel formula before but I think I would like it. Great review!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would definitely say give it a try :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a good review to read hun :)
    Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cream is great, miracle like you said! I used it a lot before and now I guess I need to repurchase it again! Great review

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a miracle cream, I wish I'd had it years ago!x

      Delete
  4. Great review! Will have to try it!

    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great review. I've heard lots about this product before but hadn't heard about using it on your hair to treat split ends and also to help with Eczma! I suffer quite badly on my hands with Eczma and find very little helps so I think I might give this a try!

    Nicola | www.thebeautymonologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only used it just on the off chance it would work on my eczema and I'm so happy I did. Hopefully it works for you too :) x

      Delete
  6. I love how many different things this can be used for, it sounds fab!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, can be used for everything :)

      Delete
  7. I love that product - fantastic review

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! Definitely going to get my hands on this cream! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right and I use this cream on my sunburns every time I go on holiday! Miracle worker :) x

    whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get really bad sun burn too! This sounds amazing and I actually haven't used anything from Liz Earle before but always hear such lovely things about the brand x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really tried anything else from Liz Earle yet but I always hear great things about their beauty products!xx

      Delete
  11. I'm really pale too and get annoyingly sun burnt quite quickly. I haven't heard of this before but maybe I should go and check it out as I'm going on holiday next week haha! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are going to an airport they sell it in duty free, so have a look at it there :) xx

      Delete