Monday, 13 July 2015

Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray review

I apply a full face of make up every morning at 7:30am ready for a day at the office. However, by 3:00pm it looks as though I am completely makeup-less except from my mascara.

After a few comments from my boyfriend asking if I had gone to work ‘au natural’ I decided I better see if I can find a way to keep my make up on.

I have seen quite a few good reviews online about the Urban Decay make up setting spray, claiming that it keeps make up in place for 12 hours, so I thought I would give it a try.

I visited Debenhams in Merry Hill Shopping Centre and went to the Urban Decay Counter. I explained to the girl who worked there that I had very dry and sensitive skin and she recommended that I use the ‘Chill’ make up setting spray as this claims to be ‘cooling and hydrating’, so perfect for dry skin.

I tried out the spray the next day. I was told to spray my forehead and down the centre of my face in a ‘T’ motion first before doing an ‘X’ across my face with the spray. My make up stayed on for pretty much the whole day. It kept both my foundation and eyeshadow looking fresh.

However, after two days use, my skin started to flare up. The majority of my face was bright red and looked as though my skin had been burnt.

I thought it may be a one off, so I used the spray a couple of weeks later and had the same reaction again.

The spray does exactly what it says on the bottle in respect of keeping your make up in place, but if you have sensitive skin maybe try a different product, or at least test it out a couple of times on a small patch of skin first.

If you don’t suffer from eczema/sensitive skin though, I would highly recommend this product. I have passed the setting spray on to my sister and she claims she could not live without it now!

I am determined to find a makeup setting spray to keep my make up in place all day and will continue to look until I find the perfect product. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
 
Love Lauren
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment